- 4 Bananas - Ripe
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tbsp organic butter - (or Coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup almond butter - (sunflower butter if going for nut free)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarb (baking) soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- pinch of salt
Little Princess Crazy Hair has her daycare Christmas party coming up in a few weeks. It's being held in a local park from 8am on a Saturday morning and each parent has to bring a plate to share. I thought that banana muffins would be good for a breakfast party and the Little Princess thought that because the kids were little it would only be right that the muffins were little too...with "shocolate chips Mom!" So we set out tonight to trial making our favourite banana bread from The Civilized Caveman into mini muffins with organic chocolate chips. The family has voted them a success! This is the most awesome basic recipe that ticks all the boxes for me. It is super simple & easy, quick, sugar free ( if you don't add the "shocolate")and impossible to screw up. Don't have 4 bananas, just use 3 and they don't even have to be spotted. Don't have butter, use coconut oil. Want to add blueberries, chocolate chips, cocao, or nuts go right ahead. I have included the recipe with the ingredients I used this time or have trialled before. I also added the link to the original recipe. Have fun baking...Little Princess Crazy Hair & I sure did!
- Preheat your oven to 175C
- Add all the ingredients into food processor & blend until smooth. Add all the dry ingredients and process again until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure you have all the flour well mixed. Add any extra ingredients you prefer for example nuts, chocolate chips, blueberries etc.
- For a loaf bake for 40 minutes
- For muffins bake for 35 minutes
- For mini-muffins bake for 25 minutes
- Remove and flip into a cooling rack.