- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 2tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp coconut flour
The girls were very excited this morning! It seems that overnight a new baby boy called Harrison made his way into the world, and they oohed and aahed over the pictures his mummy & daddy put up on Facebook. The Little Princess thought that we should make cookies to celebrate the new baby and The Sportsfan said it looked like he might be lucky enough to have red hair like his big brother (some of our very favourite people have red hair) so we should make them ginger cookies! I thought that since his very clever mummy who has just finished studying to be a naturopath is very health conscious they should have little or no sugar. The Sportsfan found a great recipe that ticked all those boxes from one of our favourite blogs, Wholefood Simply and The Little Princess made them (with a little help from mom on the measuring part). She decided she wanted to make mini cookies because "small babies need small cookies" and blew a kiss on each one for love. They are delicious and when Harrison's mummy is home & ready to receive visitors we will be over with a tin for her to enjoy! So as we settle down with a cup of tea and a biscuit each to toast Harrison we say to his family "Congratulations!" and to baby Harrison we say "Welcome to the world little guy, good job on choosing an awesome mummy & daddy!" Here is our our recipe for Harrison's Ginger Nut cookies with my adjustments and here is the link to the original recipe too
- Preheat your oven to 175C
- Soak your dates for 10 minutes while the oven is preheating. I've found this makes them a lot easier to blend smoothly.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Roll into balls, place on a tray lined with baking paper and press down lightly until they are desired thickness. These cookies don't spread at all so the size they are going into the oven is the size they are coming out.
- Allow to cool completely before touching. Good luck with this part!